Ticket & Theater Guidelines
- All ticket sales are final. Refunds, exchanges or retroactive discounts are not possible.
- Performance times and cast members are beyond our control and are subject to change without advance notification.
- Performances are not canceled and refunds are not provided due to weather conditions.
- Cameras, camera phones, audio, video and digital recorders, paging devices and cell phones are not permitted in the theaters. Guests using these items may be ejected without refund.
- Each individual show’s producer or artist determines the seating guidelines for late arriving guests. In some instances, if you arrive after the show begins, you may be asked to wait until there is a natural break in the act before going to your seat.
- Children under two years of age are not generally permitted in the theaters. At designated shows, children of all ages are permitted. However, everyone regardless of age must have a ticket.
- Outside food and beverage is not permitted in the theaters.
- For guests with disabilities and for information on curbside assistance, please call 216-771-8403.
Third Party Ticket Purchase Guidelines
Guests, Take Caution!
When you purchase your tickets from the original source, PlayhouseSquare,*you are given “Safe Purchase protection”. You will not pay an inflated, broker-imposed price for your ticket and you can rest easy knowing that if your tickets are lost or stolen or if a show date/time changes in any way, your tickets are easily replaced and you are notified of any changes. A broker will not do that for you. Even more importantly, PlayhouseSquare only sells seats in locations that actually exist. A broker may list a row or seat number that doesn’t exist in our theaters. When that happens, you have little recourse and your broker won’t be at the show to help you. Brokers also sell duplicate locations. With PlayhouseSquare Safe Purchase, you’ll be the one sitting in those seats when the fraudulent party is removed.
*Licensed group and travel leaders are not brokers and are authorized to resell their tickets to group and tour members.
Here’s what to look for:
- Brokers sell show tickets for dates and/or times that do not exist and even in venues that do not exist.
- Brokers buy urls (web site names) that sound and look like the theater or venue in order to confuse online buyers. “playhousesquare.org” is the original and only official online site for PlayhouseSquare tickets.
- Brokers design their home pages to resemble that of the venue. They use show logos and even venue logos to make their sites look legitimate
- Brokers spend many resources making sure their sites come up at the top in various web browsers (such as Google) so that buyers think they are seeing the PlayhouseSquare web site.
- Brokers will sell you a seat location before they’ve even purchased the tickets. There is a good chance you won’t get the seat you were promised.
Buy your tickets only from PlayhouseSquare. When you buy from a broker:
- We cannot be responsible for tickets purchased through unauthorized third parties
- Your tickets cannot be replaced if lost or stolen
- We cannot guarantee that your tickets are valid and cannot guarantee admittance
- You will always pay more than face value
- We cannot contact you with information regarding time changes, show cancellations, road closures or other information
- You are supporting businesses that make it hard for true fans to see their favorite performers or shows without paying a premium charge they cannot afford
- We reserve the right to revoke tickets sold to a broker or unauthorized third party. If you are holding a revoked ticket, you will not be admitted and will not receive a refund
Help us keep ticket prices affordable and fair. Buy only from the PlayhouseSquare Ticket Office, playhousesquare.org, 216-241-6000 or your licensed group/travel leader.
For more information about PlayhouseSquare, visit our FAQs page.