Put on your suit & tie and get ready for a night at the Opera!
If your tux is currently unavailable, don’t worry, we’re bringing the formal style with these Black & White Banana Bread Cookies.
The first time I saw Phantom, I was floored by the beautiful dresses and sophisticated style of the opera house. I wanted to recreate that vibe with these healthy but decadent cookies!
If you need a treat that’s as soft as the Phantoms heart, but fluffy as La Carlotta’s gown, these cookies are for you. The combo of white and dark chocolate make these cookies fancy, but extra delicious. Let’s Dig in!
Black & White Banana Bread Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
1 ripe banana
2 T coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup nut butter, I used cashew
1 T vanilla
½ tsp salt
2 T maple syrup
1 ½ cups almond flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup white chocolate, cut into chunks
½ cup dark chocolate
1 tsp coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mash ripe banana, and mix in egg.
3. Stir in vanilla, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and cashew butter until all is well combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients next, the salt, baking soda, & almond flour. When the dough is combined, stir in the white chocolate chunks.
5. Scoop tablespoon amounts of cookie dough onto the baking sheet, spacing about an inch apart. Bake for 10 minutes and allow cookies to cool.
6. While cookies are cooling, microwave chocolate and coconut oil in 30 second increments, stirring in-between, until glaze is melted.
7. Line another baking sheet with parchment paper. Once cookies are cool, dunk half of each cookie into the glaze, and lay on the sheet. Once all cookies are dunked, allow them to set. Once chocolate is firm, serve! Enjoy!
Be sure to get your Black & White Cookie on, and check out The Phantom of the Opera at Playhouse Square while it’s in town, April 3-20! See you there!