As we get ready for Season On Sale! on Friday, September 8, here's some important information to know for Friday and every time you are purchasing tickets. Buying directly from Playhouse Square or a licensed group or travel leader is your safest bet:
- You won’t pay more than face value for your tickets.
- You will have tickets for seats that really exist.
- We can reprint your tickets if they are lost or stolen.
- We can contact you in the event of a time change, construction or other news you may need.
- If a performance is rescheduled, we can contact you and issue tickets for the new date.
Here are some steps you can take to protect yourself:
- Don’t assume you will have to buy from a third party if you did not purchase season tickets or missed the first day of single ticket sales. Check playhousesquare.org first.
- If you are buying tickets online, go directly to playhousesquare.org.
- If you use a search engine to look for tickets, search for “Playhouse Square.”
- If you search by the name of a show or performer, make sure to click on the link that takes you to playhousesquare.org. Don’t be fooled by other official sounding names such as “State Theatre tickets” or “Cleveland Broadway tickets.” The first result that comes up is not always the best!
- If your ticketing outlet does not issue you an exact section, row and seat number, you are dealing with an unauthorized third party – and your seat is not guaranteed.
- If in doubt about tickets you see online, call Playhouse Square at 216-241-6000.
- If you discover you have purchased tickets from an unauthorized third party, contact your credit card company to see if they can decline the sale for you.
What are the risks of buying from a third party?
- You will pay more than face value for tickets when tickets at face value (and often in a better location!) may be available through Playhouse Square.
- You could end up with tickets for seats and/or performance dates that do not exist.
- We reserve the right to revoke tickets that have been sold for more than face value. If you are holding a revoked ticket, you will not be admitted and will not receive a refund.
- In the rare event that a performance is cancelled, you will have to track down the third party to receive a refund.
Be aware! Buy only from the Playhouse Square Ticket Office, playhousesquare.org, 216-241-6000 or your licensed group/travel leader.
Source material courtesy of Denver Center for the Performing Arts